A pasta bake is just as delicious as lasagna, but without all the work of layering the ingredients. It’s perfect for weeknights, potluck dinners, or any time you want a comforting Italian-American style meal. Best of all, it takes less than an hour to make.
Our version contains no cheese or dairy whatsoever — we love how Garlic Gold® flavors the whole dish! With a crunchy topping of our Original Nuggets, you’ll never miss the cheese (though of course, you can add some if you prefer).
Serve your pasta bake piping hot with a big green salad alongside. Comfort food is served!
- Put a large pot of water on the stove and boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta in a large colander and set aside.
- While the pasta water is coming to a boil, preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef with red pepper flakes, oregano, breadcrumbs, water, and two tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Nuggets. Mix with your hands until everything is evenly combined.
- Roll the beef mixture into mini meatballs and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Drizzle the Garlic Gold® Oil into a 9” x 13” baking dish, covering the bottom and sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked meatballs with the drained pasta and marinara sauce. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, until piping hot.
- Sprinkle the top of the pasta bake with the remaining two tablespoons of Garlic Gold® Nuggets and serve hot.