Indian-Style Lentils With Fresh Herbs And Grilled Garlic Naan
- 1 cup small green or brown lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 yellow onions, one peeled and diced, the other cut into quarters
- 6 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, torn in half if large
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into small julienne strips
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn in half if large
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets for garnish
Fill medium sized soup kettle ¾ of the way with water. Add the lentils, onions, and bay leaves. Drain and rinse lentils well, discarding onion and bay leaves. Set aside.
Set aside ¼ cup of the fresh basil. Heat the Garlic Gold® Oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, such as cast iron, on medium heat for several minutes; add all of the herbs except ¼ cup of the basil, and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the lentils and cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until lentils are heated through. Season with salt, pepper and Garlic Gold® Nuggets to taste; remove from heat, and stir in remaining basil strips.
Serve with Grilled Garlic Naan bread for dipping (recipe follows).
Grilled Garlic Naan
- 6 pieces Naan bread
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil), with contents allowed to settle
Preheat grill or large griddle on medium heat. With a basting brush, brush the oil from the top (not the nuggets of garlic) on each piece of bread, one side only. Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- Garlic Gold®
- Garlic Gold® Oil
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets