Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
Hasselback Potatoes have a lot going for them already, but we've put a delicious spin on the popular Swedish side dish! Instead of butter, we brush the potatoes with flavorful Garlic Gold® Oil. Then when they’re hot out of the oven, we sprinkle on our Garlic Gold® Nuggets for a perfectly crunchy topping that beats breadcrumbs by a mile. Sliced thinly before baking, these photogenic spuds spread out into a pretty fan as they roast to a crispy, golden brown. Serve them alongside roast chicken, or for a classic pairing, with Swedish meatballs.
Write a review
- • 4 large Russet potatoes (about 2 pounds), scrubbed and dried
- • 4 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- Heat the oven to 425F and line a 9-by-13 baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Make 1/4” slices crosswise along the full length of each potato, making sure not to slice through the bottom. You can lay a flat-handled utensil next to the potato to use as a slicing guide to prevent from cutting all the way down to the board.
- Place the potatoes in the lined baking dish, then brush two tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Oil evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place in the oven and let bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, brushing with the last two tablespoons of Garlic Gold® Oil. If the potatoes have not started to come apart a bit, pry the slices apart gently with a paring knife to ensure that some oil gets in between each slice.
- Cook the potatoes for an additional 40 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Sprinkle liberally with Garlic Gold® Nuggets and serve hot.