Lemon-cured tofu takes the place of the usual mozzarella cheese in this healthy, protein-packed salad. Bring it with you for a quick weekday lunch, or serve it in a fancy presentation as a first course for dinner!
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold
- 1 15-ounce package firm tofu
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound Campari or other small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 6-ounce bag pre-washed arugula
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Sea Salt Nuggets
1.Drain the tofu and slice into ½-inch thick slabs. Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
2.Sprinkle half of the lemon juice and salt over the slices of tofu. Flip and season the other side.
3.Place the seasoned tofu in the refrigerator to cure for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
4.In a medium salad bowl, toss together the tomatoes, arugula, basil, and Garlic Gold Red Wine Vinaigrette.
5.Cut the tofu into bite-size pieces and toss gently with the rest of the ingredients. Spoon onto serving plates and top with Garlic Gold Sea Salt Nuggets.