One of our favorite ways to enjoy Garlic Gold® is on simply-prepared vegetables. It adds so much flavor and a pop of crunch. For our Recipe of the Week, we’ve prepared a quick side dish of pearl onions, peas, and multi-colored carrots with fresh thyme. It’s so pretty and adds a riot of color to your spring dinner table!
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 3 quarts water3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pound frozen peas1 pound frozen pearl onions1 pound rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/8” thick rounds
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® (Nuggets in Oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt (to taste)
- In a large (6-quart) pot, combine water and sea salt, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When the salted water has come to a rolling boil, add the vegetables, stir to combine, and cover immediately. When the water comes back up to a boil, let boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables in a large colander. While still steaming hot, transfer to a large mixing bowl and combine with Garlic Gold® and thyme leaves. Stir to combine, add salt to taste if desired, and serve.