- (2) 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Oil 1 cup vegetable broth or light miso broth
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup fresh mint, cut into julienned strips
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- Sea salt and hot sauce to taste
- Fresh lime wedges and Garlic Gold® Nuggets for garnishing
In a large cast iron type skillet, heat Garlic Gold® Oil on medium for several minutes. Add chopped onion and sauté on medium, stirring frequently until the onion is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the ginger and curry powder and sauté, stirring constantly, for another 30 seconds.
Remove from heat and stir in the chickpeas, broth, and raisins. Put back on the heat and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, until the chickpeas have softened.
Remove from heat again and stir in the yogurt and mint. Add sea salt and hot sauce to taste. Garnish with fresh lime wedges and Garlic Gold® Nuggets and serve these delicious curried chickpeas.
- Substitute ½ teaspoon dried ginger for the fresh ginger; add along with the curry powder. Leave out the fresh mint if you don’t have it. Don’t have an onion handy? No problem. Just eliminate it and add one more can of chickpeas instead. Saute the spices in Garlic Gold® Oil for 30 seconds without the onion, add miso or broth, then the chickpeas, and proceed as directed. You can also add a little more broth and eat this as a soup, or serve over rice.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets