Your Valentine deserves a special dinner this year, made all the more delicious with Garlic Gold®! Start things off with our bruschetta recipe, and then present this beautiful main dish: tender chicken breasts rolled with pesto and prosciutto, marinated with our Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette.
If you’ve got plans on V-Day, don’t worry, this recipe can be made up to a day in advance. Just cover the uncooked rolls with plastic wrap and keep them in the fridge until ready to bake and serve! Serve the rollatini with steamed rice and broccoli alongside. It’s an impressive yet healthy dinner, so you’ll have plenty of room for dessert too!
- Make the pesto: In a food processor, combine the basil leaves, walnuts, Garlic Gold® Oil, and salt. Process in one-second pulses until it forms a thick pesto, scraping down the sides if necessary. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Butterfly and tenderize the chicken breasts: With a sharp knife angled parallel to the cutting board, slice into one side of the chicken breast until you are about 1/2-inch from the other side. Fan out the chicken breast on a piece of plastic wrap, and cover it with another piece of plastic wrap. Use a mallet or the back of a small skillet to flatten the chicken breast to an even thickness of about 1/3-inch. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Marinate the chicken: Put the chicken in a resealable plastic bag or baking dish, and pour the Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette over the chicken. Let marinate, refrigerated, for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Make the rollatini (up to a day ahead): Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat work surface. Place two to three pieces of prosciutto flat on the plastic wrap, slightly overlapping each other. The prosciutto should be a wide enough layer so that the chicken breast can be placed in the middle, with about an inch border all the way around. Spread a 1/4-inch thick layer of pesto over the chicken breast, then roll it just as you would a cinnamon roll, tightly and firmly. Secure the seam with toothpicks placed one inch apart.
- Bake the chicken: Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake the rolls on the baking sheet for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature registers 165ºF with a meat thermometer. Allow to rest for five minutes before removing the toothpicks and slicing into 1-inch rolls.