Beet and Arugula Salad
Write a review
- 4 medium beets, preferably golden
- 1 cup Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 1 ounce fresh parmesan cheese (prefer imported)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim all but one inch of the stems off the beets and poke with a fork to allow steam to escape. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil, and place in either a large ovenproof skillet, (such as cast iron), or a cookie sheet with rims. Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove and allow the beets to cool.
- In sink, peel cooled beets. Use an old cookie sheet with rims (or a cutting board) placed over the sink to slice beets into about ½ inch thickness. Place the sliced beets in glass bowl, and pour ¼ cup of the Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette over them. Cover with plastic wrap and shake to combine. Allow to marinate at least one hour – they’re good up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, carefully layer the marinated beet slices (so they’re staggered) over baby arugula on individual salad plates. Dress the salad with remaining Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette, then garnish with freshly grated or shaved Parmesan cheese.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic http://garlicgold.com/