Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 c. red cabbage
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 c. or 16 oz. green beans (parboiled)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 3/4 c. shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- 1 c. olive bread croutons
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic Gold® Lemon Vinaigrette
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut several pieces of olive bread into small (one inch) cubes.
- On a cookie sheet, drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over the bottom of the pan.
- Place bread cubes in the pan.
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees F until croutons are a golden, crispy brown. Then, place aside while preparing the salad.
- Cut off both ends of the greens beans. Rinse and drain.
- Bring a pot of water to boil on the stovetop. Place green beans in pot. Boil 3-4 minutes until beans are cooked (ala dente). Drain green beans. Set aside.
- In a skillet on the stove top, over medium heat, put olive oil in pan. Add in garlic and almonds. Cook until the almonds and onions are a golden brown.
- Add in the green beans and a quarter cup of the Parmesan cheese. Toss. Add in garlic salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in spinach, red cabbage, mushrooms, croutons and the green bean mixture. Mix.
- Pour Garlic Gold®’s Lemon Vinaigrette dressing over salad. Toss well.
This salad can be served as a meal and/or with shrimp, grilled chicken or fish.
©2011– Maryann Ridini Spencer of Simply Delicious Living