- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- 3 Tablespoons clover honey
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ½ Teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 lbs. (four large) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, two tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil), honey, lemon zest and juice, spices, and sea salt.
Place the sliced onions and chickpeas in the bottom of a 9″ by 13″ glass baking dish. Layer the chicken breasts on top of the onions and chickpeas, then pour the marinade mixture over the chicken and let sit for 20 minutes.
Spoon the third tablespoon of Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil) over the chicken breasts, then bake for 40 minutes, or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
Serve with long-grain rice, warm flour tortillas, or grilled garlic naan. Garnish with Minty Yogurt Sauce and additional mint leaves.
Minty Yogurt Sauce
- 1 C. whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Gold® nuggets
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 green onion, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
Combine ingredients in small bowl. Let sit at least 20 minutes before serving.